Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Manually Crazy Manually Crazy is offline

Default Table of Contents-page numbers missing

I orginally created a manual with two columns on a landscape view and a TOC
along with it that displayed title headings and page numbers just fine.
However, the column number was changed from 2 to 3 columns and the page
numbers have disappeared! I can delete the tab leaders manually (not in TOC
dialog box) and the page number appears right next to the heading so I know
they are there (and correct). I even deleted the old TOC and created a new
one hoping it would adjust to the new column width, but page numbers still
don't appear. What do I do to make the page numbers appear in the column???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This is all normal. The tab stop for the page numbers is created dynamically
when you insert the TOC. If you change the margin width (length of the
line), it doesn't adjust automatically. And in this case it seems to have
become part of the TOC styles so that it "sticks" even if you insert a new
TOC. The easiest solution will be to switch to Normal view (so you can see
the tab stops beyond the right margin on the ruler) and drag the stop back
to the new column margin. Unless you have modified the TOC styles not to
update automatically, it should suffice to do this in just one entry at each
level, which will update the style and be propagated to the others (if not
automatically, then at least when you select the TOC and press Ctrl+Q).