Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
hthomsen hthomsen is offline

Default TC fields not updating in table of contents

I created a table of contents and am using TC fields so that I can have
headings in the TOC without page numbers. When I updated the TOC today those
headings were lost although the fields are still in the document. I've tried
re-creating the TOC several times but can not get the TC fields to show up.
What am I doing wrong.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
hthomsen hthomsen is offline

Thanks. I checked and the field does containt the \f switch. I'm using TC
fields for items that I want on the TOC even though they don't appear in the
document. Do you have any other suggestions?

"hthomsen" wrote in message
I created a table of contents and am using TC fields so that I can have
headings in the TOC without page numbers. When I updated the TOC today

those
headings were lost although the fields are still in the document. I've

tried
re-creating the TOC several times but can not get the TC fields to show

up.
What am I doing wrong.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

No, if the headings don't appear in the document, then TC fields are the way
to go. If you checked "Table entry fields" in the TOC Options dialog when
you created the TOC (which inserts the \f switch), then I don't know why
they're not appearing, especially if they did previously and no longer do.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Does the TOC field contain the \f switch? And you do know, I trust, that

you
can omit page numbers from some entries (i.e., entry levels) w/o using

TC
fields?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.