Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
bveneri bveneri is offline

Default How do I create a List of Tables in a book length Word document?

I have a TOC and a List of Figures created for a book-length (120 page)
document in Word. How do I create a List of Tables?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

A List of Table is just a specific TOC based on the style used for the table
titles.

"bveneri" wrote in message
I have a TOC and a List of Figures created for a book-length (120 page)
document in Word. How do I create a List of Tables?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
bveneri bveneri is offline

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my question. If I have already created a
Table of Contents, how do I create another one (which is the LOT)? I haven't
found a way to specify two TOCs, one under a different name -- that is the
help I am looking for.
Thanks.

"bveneri" wrote:

I have a TOC and a List of Figures created for a book-length (120 page)
document in Word. How do I create a List of Tables?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You can insert as many TOCs as you want; just be careful to separate them
with at least one empty paragraph, and if Word asks you whether you want to
replace the existing TOC, say no. For a List of Tables, you can actually use
a Table of Figures based on a specific style, or, if you've used Word's
built-in caption feature, you can make a Table of Figures based on the Table
caption label.