Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Copy text including revisions from one document to another

How can I copy text from one document to another, including the revisions
(additions and deletions)?

When I try it, Word copies the revised version of the text, with all the
revisions incorporated, and the revisions are gone.

Both the source and the destination documents are in "Final Showing Markup"
mode.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Tangard[_2_] Mark Tangard[_2_] is offline

Eric,

The secret is to do the *least* intuitive thing: Turn tracking OFF in both
docs, then do the copy. Then slap forehead (optional).

MT

Eric wrote:

How can I copy text from one document to another, including the revisions
(additions and deletions)?

When I try it, Word copies the revised version of the text, with all the
revisions incorporated, and the revisions are gone.

Both the source and the destination documents are in "Final Showing Markup"
mode.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Mark - Thanks.

I have friend who's switched to the Mac world, and teases me about things
like this. He raves about how easy and "natural" everything is with Mac
software.

I did manage to do it using an alternate approach: I deleted everything in
the source file except what I wanted to copy and saved that. Then I inserted
that file in the destination file. A kludge, but it worked. (I probably
could also have created a bookmark for this text in the source document and
saved it, then inserted it specifying a range.)

Thanks for your help!

Eric wrote:

How can I copy text from one document to another, including the revisions
(additions and deletions)?

When I try it, Word copies the revised version of the text, with all the
revisions incorporated, and the revisions are gone.

Both the source and the destination documents are in "Final Showing Markup"
mode.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline