Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rosebud982 Rosebud982 is offline

Default Styles Question

I format documents as I type, and quite often use the intense reference or
subtle reference option (the dark red colour underlined and in caps) however
when I've finished typing my entry and move down the page to continue the
normal page, even if I click the "normal" style it won't reset so I have to
remove bold and underline change the style and colour.

Can anyone help? I tried it on my system at home and I still have the same
issue.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Select the offending text, Ctrl+Spacebar. This returns the text to the base
style that is indicated in the Style box.
The reason that the manual formatting remains is that you probably selected
a section of text to apply your manual formatting and that this selection
included the Paragraph Mark (ΒΆ). So when you press Enter for new paragraph,
you were just infront of this Paragraph Mark. See :
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm for further
information on the very useful functions of these little puppies.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Rosebud982" wrote:

I format documents as I type, and quite often use the intense reference or
subtle reference option (the dark red colour underlined and in caps) however
when I've finished typing my entry and move down the page to continue the
normal page, even if I click the "normal" style it won't reset so I have to
remove bold and underline change the style and colour.

Can anyone help? I tried it on my system at home and I still have the same
issue.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

For future, how about creating Character Styles for your Intense references
and subtle references. This could save you time and effort.
See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/stylesms/index.html
for tips on this.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Rosebud982" wrote:

I format documents as I type, and quite often use the intense reference or
subtle reference option (the dark red colour underlined and in caps) however
when I've finished typing my entry and move down the page to continue the
normal page, even if I click the "normal" style it won't reset so I have to
remove bold and underline change the style and colour.

Can anyone help? I tried it on my system at home and I still have the same
issue.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rosebud982 Rosebud982 is offline

HI,

i set the format before I type and finish hit enter then select the normal
font, however it won't actually select the normal font which is the issue I
think.

However the control spacebar works!!!!

Thank you so much.