Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jenna07 Jenna07 is offline

Default Creating a web page?

Well here it goes. I am doing an online course for medical transcribing and
my books for microsoft office are all done using office 2003. Which I didn't
realize when purchasing 2007. What I need to know is how to create a web
page starting from a blank document. In my book using 2003 it tells me to go
to the getting started task pane and select " create a new document" then
select "Web Page". 2007 doesn't seem to have anywhere close to that! Can
someone please help?

Thank you,
Jenna
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Jenna,

In Word 2007 use the Office Button[file menu]=New
and create a blank document. You can then use
Office Button=Save As=Other Format
to choose to save it as a Web document.

You may need to add several web related commands to your Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) that are no longer provided by Microsoft in the
default Word ribbon choices.

You can do that by going to the customization section (Alt, T, O, C), opening the 'Commands not in the Ribbon' category in 'Choose
Commands from'. The following may be called for in your coursework.

Web Page Preview
Web Options...
(Word 2007 insists on saving web files as .MHT
rather than .HTM files types, as may be preferred
by your class unless you change the 'single file' save
choice in the Web Options for each new document

Hopefully the book doesn't mention the 'web page wizard' as it was not included in Word 2003 or 2007 . If it talks about applying
themes then those are of an older MS Office Frontpage/Word type that don't ship with Office 2007, not the 'Themes' button listed in
the Word 2007 ribbon.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP