Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

Default booklet

OK, assume I know nothing. Word 2002. I want to create a four-page
newsletter on two 11 x 17 pages. I found the booklet format. Remembering
that I do not have a printer that accommodates 11 x 17 paper, I was
planning on creating a document to take to the printer . . .

Even though I specified landscape on page setup, and the page preview
looks okay, after I convert it into pdf, I get a document which has
portrait paper and landscape text (no head, no feet). This is unnerving,
since, if you have ever done a newsletter, its always done at the last
moment, and you need to get *ON* with it.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
--

Regards,

P D Sterling
New York, Texas & Texas, New York
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Unless you've already selected the PDF printer while you're working on the
booklet, it should be helpful to install the driver for a printer that *can*
print to 11 x 17 so that you will have that paper size available. As for
setting up the PDF layout, you may need to consult the manual or Help for
Acrobat or whatever app you're using to convert.

"P D Sterling" wrote in message
OK, assume I know nothing. Word 2002. I want to create a four-page
newsletter on two 11 x 17 pages. I found the booklet format. Remembering
that I do not have a printer that accommodates 11 x 17 paper, I was
planning on creating a document to take to the printer . . .

Even though I specified landscape on page setup, and the page preview
looks okay, after I convert it into pdf, I get a document which has
portrait paper and landscape text (no head, no feet). This is unnerving,
since, if you have ever done a newsletter, its always done at the last
moment, and you need to get *ON* with it.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
--

Regards,

P D Sterling
New York, Texas & Texas, New York

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

okay, Suzanne, I think you are telling me that I am overthinking the
rules - I didn't know one could install a printer one did not have (!)
many thanx for the post!! BTW, you don't happen to know a model I can
dummy up - or I will call Office Depot. Thanx again!

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Unless you've already selected the PDF printer while you're working on the
booklet, it should be helpful to install the driver for a printer that *can*
print to 11 x 17 so that you will have that paper size available. As for
setting up the PDF layout, you may need to consult the manual or Help for
Acrobat or whatever app you're using to convert.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are creating a PDF then set the PDF driver as the active 'printer' as
Suzanne suggested. Even the free PDF tools such as PrimoPDF should be able
to achieve this page size.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Unless you've already selected the PDF printer while you're working
on the booklet, it should be helpful to install the driver for a
printer that *can* print to 11 x 17 so that you will have that paper
size available. As for setting up the PDF layout, you may need to
consult the manual or Help for Acrobat or whatever app you're using
to convert.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

thanks for the note; I will try to learn what you told me - such a lot
of work, when you think that Uncle Bill stays up nights trying to be all
things to all men.

again thanx for posting.

Graham Mayor wrote:
If you are creating a PDF then set the PDF driver as the active 'printer' as
Suzanne suggested. Even the free PDF tools such as PrimoPDF should be able
to achieve this page size.

Printing a DL Booklet keep_smilyn Microsoft Word Help 3 May 23rd 07 03:25 PM
How to print a Word booklet same as 1/4 page Outlook booklet? MGlaeske Page Layout 0 September 27th 06 07:00 PM
booklet Cathy Microsoft Word Help 1 December 27th 05 04:48 PM
Booklet Question Paul Microsoft Word Help 2 October 6th 05 06:20 AM
4 column booklet wannbee Page Layout 1 June 28th 05 03:45 AM