Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anthony Giorgianni[_3_] Anthony Giorgianni[_3_] is offline

Default How to show macro names in Word 2007

I just got Word 2007 and added my mcros to that quick toolbar thing,
whatever it's called. But I only see the symbol, not the macro name unless I
hover.. Is there a way to see the label without having to hover my cursor
over it? Otherwise I have lots of symbols that don't mean anything. Also, is
there a way to customize a symbol, like in former Word versions?

Thanks
Anthony Giorgianni

For everyone's benefit, please post back to the newsgroup. Replay address is
fictitious.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The short answer to your question is no. What you see is what you get.
You could modify the ribbon (with the aid of a third party application such
as http://ribboncustomizer.com/ ) or you could press ALT+F8 to display the
macro list. That dialog can be added to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar). If
you still have access to Word 2003, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

Anthony Giorgianni wrote:
I just got Word 2007 and added my mcros to that quick toolbar thing,
whatever it's called. But I only see the symbol, not the macro name
unless I hover.. Is there a way to see the label without having to
hover my cursor over it? Otherwise I have lots of symbols that don't
mean anything. Also, is there a way to customize a symbol, like in
former Word versions?
Thanks
Anthony Giorgianni

For everyone's benefit, please post back to the newsgroup. Replay
address is fictitious.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anthony Giorgianni[_3_] Anthony Giorgianni[_3_] is offline

Thank you Graham

I tried downloading the ribbon customizer utility but couldn't figure out
how to use it, let alone trying to determine if I can modify the way the
macros appear on the toolbars.

I am SO sorry I upgraded to 2007 and have installed Office 2000 on this
Vista machine. What were they thinking? I'm hoping I can do something with
this Office 2007 to get something for $279. I guess I can't bring it back
now that I've installed. I guess I could use the CDs as really expensive
coasters, Frisbees?

Thanks for your help.

Anthony Giorgianni