Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
staffnurse staffnurse is offline

Default need to create an appropriate cv for nurse

I am a mature nurse who wishes to change the appearance of my cv.
I need to create one which is impressive
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I used to work for a primary care business office. It's *not* the template
that will get you a job - it's the content. And you would be doing yourself
a favor if you didn't use a template. (Resumes based on Word templates all
look alike, regardless of content.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"staffnurse" wrote in message
I am a mature nurse who wishes to change the appearance of my cv.
I need to create one which is impressive

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

As JoAnn says, don't fall into the trap of using fancy fonts and what you
think is a stylish layout. What impresses potential employers is an easily
readable CV that is SHORT and to the point.

Keep it to the maximum of two sides of paper (a single sheet) and include a
letter with each application saying why you would excel at the job on offer.
Use just ONE font, preferably something undistinguished but very easy to
read such as Arial (a neat, unfussy, non-serifed font) or the ubiquitous
Times New Roman (a serifed font that I find too fussy on the eye).

Use Google and search for Curriculum Vitae and see some real life examples
(there are millions out there). That should give you some ideas of what you
should include.

Remember that a long frilly CV will be dropped into the shredder before it
is fully read. It must be short, neat with correct spelling and grammar and
include all the important information up front. There's no point in burying
important detail on page 3 amongst trivia.

Good luck.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP