Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RScotti RScotti is offline

Default Change the Docx default to Doc

Hi,
I know there must be a way to do this in Word 2007.
I want to change the default on the Open in the word processor and the Save as to Doc from Docx. Can someone please tell
me how to do this?
That way when I open Word and start writing a new document and it will already be in Doc format.
--
Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RScotti RScotti is offline

Thank you so much!
I really appreciate your help on this.

RScotti wrote:

Hi,
I know there must be a way to do this in Word 2007.
I want to change the default on the Open in the word processor and the Save as to Doc from Docx. Can someone please tell
me how to do this?
That way when I open Word and start writing a new document and it will already be in Doc format.
--
Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

--
Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

While you can set the default save option to Word 97-2003 as described in
this thread, Word 2007 will still use its internal format whilst editing
i.e. a new document won't be in doc format until you save it in that format.