Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike[_10_] Mike[_10_] is offline

Default Preview

any ideas on how to get the preview pane to work in word 12 on vista
ultimate?

I've changed the layout of the open dialog box to preview, and when I select
a document the preview pane stays white. Doesn't matter if its a office 12
doc saved with thumbnails or a office 11 doc...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Mike,
It only works for pictures as far as I can tell. Definetely a loss.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
any ideas on how to get the preview pane to work in word 12 on vista
ultimate?

I've changed the layout of the open dialog box to preview, and when I
select a document the preview pane stays white. Doesn't matter if its a
office 12 doc saved with thumbnails or a office 11 doc...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

As Luc says, it won't work for any Office documents but does work for most
graphics, htm, pdf (if you have Acrobat reader installed), etc. This Vista
feature only works if the application writer has created a viewer for their
format (such as Adobe of PDF). I wonder if you install the Word Viewer it
will work correctly, but that may cause other unwanted side effects!

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Mike" wrote in message
any ideas on how to get the preview pane to work in word 12 on vista
ultimate?

I've changed the layout of the open dialog box to preview, and when I
select a document the preview pane stays white. Doesn't matter if its a
office 12 doc saved with thumbnails or a office 11 doc...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike[_10_] Mike[_10_] is offline

The only bit I don't get is that if I use windows explorer and change the
layout for preview pane - it works for office docs!

Just not in the office open dialog box... Surely it's a bug that they'll
fix.

Thanks.

"Mike" wrote in message
any ideas on how to get the preview pane to work in word 12 on vista
ultimate?

I've changed the layout of the open dialog box to preview, and when I
select a document the preview pane stays white. Doesn't matter if its a
office 12 doc saved with thumbnails or a office 11 doc...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

I have my fingers crossed that many niggles like this are going to be sorted
with SP1 (probably first quarter of 2008).

Terry

Print preview Gill Microsoft Word Help 1 January 29th 06 09:40 PM
Preview & printout different! Preview follows edge of image printo timtak Microsoft Word Help 1 September 24th 05 06:28 AM
Print Preview in Word 2003 - 75% of preview is invisible Richard Hewitt Microsoft Word Help 0 August 8th 05 09:28 AM
Print Preview John New Users 5 April 13th 05 01:45 PM
how to fix print preview sally Microsoft Word Help 0 April 11th 05 05:54 PM