Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Debbie Debbie is offline

Default Trial version of Windows 2007 won't operate

I just got a new computer that came w/the trial version of Windows 2007, and
I have tried to activate it 3x now, using my product key and going through
the steps but when I close all programs and restart, I still have the same
problem w/trying to use word (or anything else) - "this modification is not
allowed because the selection is locked." When I go to "review" or anything
else on the toolbar, it's grayed out.

Even when I go to "All Programs" - Office 2007 is not listed. I have a
paper & a final due - I need help right away!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You appear to have installed it using the installation key, but to activate
it, you need to click the Pizza button, then Word Options Resources
Activate Microsoft Office.