Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kar kar is offline

Default Limitations on Excel / Word linking

Hi

Does anyone know where I would find a document detailing the limitations on
linking Excel 2003 to Word 2003 ?

I have a Word document with 104 links to an Excel file. Both files are
located on the same Network share. The Excel file is shared and would be in
use by 3 - 4 people at any time. The links are HTML format.

We have had problems where Word looses the link and it has to be
re-established or we get memory errors when trying to update all the links in
one go.
--
Kar
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Kar

As far as I know, Microsoft has published no information about limits of
this kind. The limits are likely to be related to the available memory and
(less important) processing power.

I'd suggest you close all applications except Word when updating the files.
Closing Word and re-starting it, even re-booting the machine, may also help.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

Linking Word and Excel Brd017 Tables 2 March 5th 07 08:01 PM
Linking Word to Excel Stephen Sandor Microsoft Word Help 4 May 8th 06 03:48 PM
Linking Word and Excel Innes Microsoft Word Help 4 August 17th 05 01:00 PM
Word doc linking to Excel doc bankcpa Microsoft Word Help 1 June 21st 05 01:26 PM
Linking Excel to Word erin_montgomery Microsoft Word Help 1 June 18th 05 02:08 AM