Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Question about keeping words together Question about keeping words together is offline

Default ________ (date) keep together the date under the underline

______________
(Date)

How do I keep the word (Date) under the underline. If I fill in the current
date the word (Date) moves. How do I keep it from moving?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com is offline

My recommended approach would be to use a two-row table with no borders
except between the rows. Centre the text "(Date)" in lower cell (and,
optionally, centre the text in the upper cell as well), and when you type the
date in the upper cell, the text in the lower cell won't move.

However, if the date needs to appear inline with other text, this approach
may not work. In this instance, perhaps overtyping is the answer. Press the
'Insert' key prior to typing the date.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!