albycindy

Default Create macro to write email address in email window

I am trying to get a link or button which will pop up an Outlook New Email
window with the current word document attached. At this stage i either have a
hyperlink which opens the new email window with the addresses i want or a
macro which opens a new email window and attaches the document.....but! I
need these to come together? An email window with the address AND the
document attached.....what can i do?

TIA
CyberTaz

Hi Cindy-

Its probably easiest to record a new macro to choose FileSend ToMail
Recipient (as Attachment), select the recipient as one of the macro actions,
then stop recording. You can use ToolsCustomize to add a button to a toolbar
& assign the macro to it, or you can create the button as a part of the
Record New Macro process from the first dialog box where you name your macro.

HTH |:)

"albycindy" wrote:

I am trying to get a link or button which will pop up an Outlook New Email
window with the current word document attached. At this stage i either have a
hyperlink which opens the new email window with the addresses i want or a
macro which opens a new email window and attaches the document.....but! I
need these to come together? An email window with the address AND the
document attached.....what can i do?

TIA

albycindy

I have no idea why, but that's not working. i thought id try to write a code
to do what im after and so far have.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
wdNewEmailMessage.AutoAttach
MailAddressFieldName = "
EmailSubject = "Request for Claim - Account 610622F"
End Sub

Anywhere near?

"albycindy" wrote:

I am trying to get a link or button which will pop up an Outlook New Email
window with the current word document attached. At this stage i either have a
hyperlink which opens the new email window with the addresses i want or a
macro which opens a new email window and attaches the document.....but! I
need these to come together? An email window with the address AND the
document attached.....what can i do?

TIA

CyberTaz

Hello Again-

I'm not a coder, so I can't give you a solution. I believe I do see where
the flaw in my earlier suggestion may be, however.

Once you choose the ...As attachment command, Word 'assumes the identity' of
Outlook, so nothing you do in the message window gets recorded because those
actions are not actually taking place in Word.

I believe you need VBA statements that pass the commands/info to Outlook, so
recording ain't gonna do it. perhaps this will help point you in the right
direction.

Good Luck |:)