Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
translations victor

Default Uneed tellhow Word2003 unlocks W2000 docs sothatI decide toupgrad

If this is not your area, please forward to appropriate customer service rep:
My downloaded Word 2003 Trial Version locks all my docs created in Word
2000. Another Rep told me on phone that she can't help. However, I cannot
review Word 2003 without being able to fully operate it and see its new
features so that I can decide to buy 2003.
Please help me make Trial Word 2003 available for full comparison of
benefits against my Word 2000. For instance, I don't know if my 2003 docs can
be opened by recipient with Word 2000 or prior.Thanks in advance,
Victor de la Puente
Translations Victor, Inc.

773-501-0353 phone
773-775-6376 fax

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

First: Among other significant information available from the download site
is this:

Before you start

Caution For the best performance, the default selection during Setup is to
uninstall previous versions of Office. There is also an option not to
remove previous versions of Office. With all trial software, Microsoft
recommends that you have your original CDs available to reinstall if
necessary. If you want to return to your previous version of Office, you
need to uninstall the trial software. This should be done through the Add
or Remove Programs icon in Microsoft Windows® Control Panel.about the
trial version

Second: Word has used the same file format since Office 97, so any version
since then can "open" files created by another. *However* newer versions
have introduced features which were not available and/or were implemented in
a different way in prior versions, so there is no iron-clad assurance that a
doc created in 2003 will *display* as designed when opened by 2000 (not to
mention font & printer issues). Essentially, it depends on the individual
doc as to how well it migrates from one version to another.

Third: The newsgroups aren't MS Customer Service. The people who respond
here are experienced users of the product who volunteer their time,
knowledge & resources to help other users. I would imagine that the response
you got from MS Customer Service was due to the fact that - as is usually
the case - Free Trial software is not supported.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"translations victor" translations wrote
in message ...