Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael[_3_] Michael[_3_] is offline

Default Line Wrapping and Page Layout - Re-worded and Re-posted

Hi Folks - I have a document that looks something like this:

XXXX

YYYYY

ZZZZZZZZZ

So, basically, I have 7 lines. For this particular document, this section
must ALWAYS be 7 lines.

XXXX and YYYY can be multi-line items. Here's my problem:

If XXXX or YYYY wrap to the next line, this forces all other lines to "go
down one line", which forces ZZZZZ down, etc. Is there anyway to wrap the
multi-line XXXX or YYYY area without forcing another paragraph mark? Thanks
for your help.

Notes: The lines are graphic lines. They do not move with the text, so that
is not a problem. Also, XXXX and YYYY are currently the result of an ASK/REF
combo.

--
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

One way is to use a table whose row heights are fixed. Then you can also use
borders instead of graphics to create the lines.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi Folks - I have a document that looks something like this:

XXXX

YYYYY

ZZZZZZZZZ

So, basically, I have 7 lines. For this particular document, this section
must ALWAYS be 7 lines.

XXXX and YYYY can be multi-line items. Here's my problem:

If XXXX or YYYY wrap to the next line, this forces all other lines to "go
down one line", which forces ZZZZZ down, etc. Is there anyway to wrap the
multi-line XXXX or YYYY area without forcing another paragraph mark?
Thanks for your help.

Notes: The lines are graphic lines. They do not move with the text, so
that is not a problem. Also, XXXX and YYYY are currently the result of an
ASK/REF combo.

--
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael[_3_] Michael[_3_] is offline

Here's the problem with that approach ... say I create a 7 row table. If the
content in the first row wraps to a second line, then the border ("line")
does not get applied to the first line of the table cell. Is there a
workaround for this scenario?

Michael

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi Folks - I have a document that looks something like this:

XXXX

YYYYY

ZZZZZZZZZ

So, basically, I have 7 lines. For this particular document, this section
must ALWAYS be 7 lines.

XXXX and YYYY can be multi-line items. Here's my problem:

If XXXX or YYYY wrap to the next line, this forces all other lines to "go
down one line", which forces ZZZZZ down, etc. Is there anyway to wrap the
multi-line XXXX or YYYY area without forcing another paragraph mark?
Thanks for your help.

Notes: The lines are graphic lines. They do not move with the text, so
that is not a problem. Also, XXXX and YYYY are currently the result of an
ASK/REF combo.

--
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm not sure what, exactly, you are trying to accomplish. If you want the
lines at a specified location, I guess you could use the table cells to
position the text and keep using the graphics to create the lines.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi Folks - I have a document that looks something like this:

XXXX

YYYYY

ZZZZZZZZZ

So, basically, I have 7 lines. For this particular document, this section
must ALWAYS be 7 lines.

XXXX and YYYY can be multi-line items. Here's my problem:

If XXXX or YYYY wrap to the next line, this forces all other lines to "go
down one line", which forces ZZZZZ down, etc. Is there anyway to wrap the
multi-line XXXX or YYYY area without forcing another paragraph mark?
Thanks for your help.

Notes: The lines are graphic lines. They do not move with the text, so
that is not a problem. Also, XXXX and YYYY are currently the result of an
ASK/REF combo.

--
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Alternatively, if you want a grid of lines, create it as a drawing object and
position it behind the document text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP