Leeansueag

Default Can I switch the position of tabbed columns w/o retyping?

After entering data using tabs to set three columns, I realized I had two of
the columns in the wrong order. Do I have to retype the entire table or is
there a way to switch the two around?

CyberTaz

Hi Lee...-

First, if not already on, click the Show/Hide ¶ button on the Standard
Toolbar so you can tell where the Tab (†’) characters are. Hold the Alt key
while you drag to select the column(s) to be moved (text _and_ tab
characters), then either cut&paste or drag&drop to the right place.

An alternative would be to select all the listed material and use the
TableConvertText to Table command, then edit the table to rearrange the
columns.

HTH |:)