Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Me Me is offline

Default Different Page Numbers on the Same Page

I swear I have done this before, but. . .

I have a 25 page document (with six sections) and I want the page numbering
in the header to be 1 of 25, etc. all the way to 25 of 25. Easy enough; I
have that.

At the end of the document are attachments C and D that are multiple pages
(9 and 2 respectively). I want the header to maintain its ? of 25 numbering,
but I want the footer of those pages to say 1 of 9, 2 of 9, etc. If I change
the page number or number of pages in the footer, they change in the header
and vice versa.

Is it possible to have two different page numbering formats on the same page?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

Oh, I'm using Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In the footer of the Appendix C and D, which will need to be in individual
Sections with the footers unlinked from the previous Section, you can get
what you want with a field construction such as

Page { = { page } - 14 } of { sectionpages } for Appendix C and

Page { = { page } - 23 } of { sectionpages } for Appendix D

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and you use
Alt+F9 to toggle off their display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Me" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Me Me is offline

Perfect!

As soon as I saw your answer, I remembered using this a couple years back.
I needed my memory jogged. :-)

Thanks for your help.

Me