Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeahT LeahT is offline

Default Locking Table to Specific Page...again

I asked this question once a while back and I tried doing what someone had so
kindly pointed out (the obvious)...and for some reason it is not working now.

I have a small table that I need locked onto page one of a template that I
have created. I am not sure if it is because of a section break on that page
or what the deal is but for some reason wrapping the text around is not doing
it! Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If this is a table that does not need to be edited, and if it is at the top
of the document (and certainly if it is a letterhead), you could put it in
the First Page Header. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"LeahT" wrote in message
I asked this question once a while back and I tried doing what someone had

so
kindly pointed out (the obvious)...and for some reason it is not working

now.

I have a small table that I need locked onto page one of a template that I
have created. I am not sure if it is because of a section break on that

page
or what the deal is but for some reason wrapping the text around is not

doing
it! Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeahT LeahT is offline

Unfortunately, that is the problem, it needs to be edited and it needs to be
at the bottom of the first page. I am not really sure why it isn't working.
It worked on a previous form/template...but for some reason this particular
form...this particular table won't stay put!!!

"LeahT" wrote in message
I asked this question once a while back and I tried doing what someone had

so
kindly pointed out (the obvious)...and for some reason it is not working

now.

I have a small table that I need locked onto page one of a template that I
have created. I am not sure if it is because of a section break on that

page
or what the deal is but for some reason wrapping the text around is not

doing
it! Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeahT LeahT is offline

Hmmm...okay...so I got it to stay put...as long as the table above it doesn't
move onto the next page!? I really just want the table above to wrap around
it...not move it! Is this even possible...or am I kidding myself here!? :-P

"LeahT" wrote in message
I asked this question once a while back and I tried doing what someone had

so
kindly pointed out (the obvious)...and for some reason it is not working

now.

I have a small table that I need locked onto page one of a template that I
have created. I am not sure if it is because of a section break on that

page
or what the deal is but for some reason wrapping the text around is not

doing
it! Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Click in the table and select Table Table Properties. On the first tab,
under Text Wrapping, the Around button should already be selected, but click
it if it isn't. Then click the Positioning button. In the Vertical part of
the dialog, set the Position dropdown to Bottom. You probably want to leave
the Relative To dropdown set to Margin, but you could set it to Page if you
want it all the way at the edge of the paper.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If this is a table that does not need to be edited, and if it is at
the top of the document (and certainly if it is a letterhead), you
could put it in the First Page Header. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"LeahT" wrote in message
I asked this question once a while back and I tried doing what
someone had so kindly pointed out (the obvious)...and for some
reason it is not working now.

I have a small table that I need locked onto page one of a template
that I have created. I am not sure if it is because of a section
break on that page or what the deal is but for some reason wrapping
the text around is not doing it! Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeahT LeahT is offline

It still wants to drop to the next page when the table above it goes to two
pages...wow this is frustrating! I can get it to stick if the original text
boxes from the table above it don't go onto 2 pages. Am I just out of luck on
this one!?

"LeahT" wrote in message
I asked this question once a while back and I tried doing what
someone had so kindly pointed out (the obvious)...and for some
reason it is not working now.

I have a small table that I need locked onto page one of a template
that I have created. I am not sure if it is because of a section
break on that page or what the deal is but for some reason wrapping
the text around is not doing it! Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

When the table is set to "Around" text wrapping, it becomes like a floating
picture. All floating objects are "anchored" at a particular paragraph in
the regular text. If the floating table is anchored in the text *above* the
non-floating table, then the floater won't move to another page.

To make sure the floater is anchored in the right place, first go back to
the Table Properties dialog and click None for the text wrapping. Wherever
it winds up, cut it and then paste it at the beginning of the first
paragraph of page 1. Then set it to Around wrapping and Bottom position
again.

My testing showed that there is a small problem with this: If the regular
table's rows contain more than a few lines, and you have it set to allow
page breaks within the rows, it will ignore that setting and break only
between rows. Of course, that may be the effect you want anyway.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"LeahT" wrote in message
I asked this question once a while back and I tried doing what
someone had so kindly pointed out (the obvious)...and for some
reason it is not working now.

I have a small table that I need locked onto page one of a
template that I have created. I am not sure if it is because of a
section break on that page or what the deal is but for some
reason wrapping the text around is not doing it! Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeahT LeahT is offline

Oi!!! I must be doing something wrong! I cut it...pasted it...undid
it...reanchored it...it still wants to jump to the bottom of the next page
when the table above it rolls to the next page! It will stay in place up to
that point...then POP...there it goes!!! I just don't understand what I am
doing wrong here!?

"LeahT" wrote in message
I asked this question once a while back and I tried doing what
someone had so kindly pointed out (the obvious)...and for some
reason it is not working now.

I have a small table that I need locked onto page one of a
template that I have created. I am not sure if it is because of a
section break on that page or what the deal is but for some
reason wrapping the text around is not doing it! Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

I'm coming in at the end of a long conversation, but I think what you're
trying to do might be impossible. I don't think you can make one table wrap
around another. You can set the table for "Text Wrapping," but that only
works for TEXT -- not for another table.

What happens if you put the table in the first page footer? I realize that
the user would need to open the footer to edit the table, but that shouldn't
be a big deal.

Fred

"LeahT" wrote:

I asked this question once a while back and I tried doing what someone had so
kindly pointed out (the obvious)...and for some reason it is not working now.

I have a small table that I need locked onto page one of a template that I
have created. I am not sure if it is because of a section break on that page
or what the deal is but for some reason wrapping the text around is not doing
it! Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeahT LeahT is offline

Hey Fred...Well generally it wouldn't be a big deal for them to open the
footer...except that this is a locked form/template!
C'Est La Vie...I suppose I will have to figure out some other way of making
this work! Maybe it is time to take all the other stuff out of the tables
above and see if it will work as just text!
Thanks for all the help everyone...back to the drawing boards! :-D

"LeahT" wrote:

I asked this question once a while back and I tried doing what someone had so
kindly pointed out (the obvious)...and for some reason it is not working now.

I have a small table that I need locked onto page one of a template that I
have created. I am not sure if it is because of a section break on that page
or what the deal is but for some reason wrapping the text around is not doing
it! Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you put it in the First Page Footer, it could still be edited provided
the document is not protected.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If this is a table that does not need to be edited, and if it is at

the top
of the document (and certainly if it is a letterhead), you could put

it in
the First Page Header. See

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"LeahT" wrote in message
I asked this question once a while back and I tried doing what

someone had
so
kindly pointed out (the obvious)...and for some reason it is not

working
now.

I have a small table that I need locked onto page one of a template

that I
have created. I am not sure if it is because of a section break on

that
page
or what the deal is but for some reason wrapping the text around is

not
doing
it! Any suggestions?

Using odd page bread to start a new chapter on an odd page [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 11 May 25th 06 04:56 PM
Want to start page 1 numbering after five pages - how? RM Page Layout 6 April 5th 06 05:07 AM
Rotate a page containing a table Wallace Page Layout 1 March 10th 06 03:20 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
how to stop table rows moving page? Bill Wonders Tables 3 February 14th 06 12:20 PM