Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kristi Kristi is offline

Default Wrapped text in tabs

I'd like the all the lines in a tab to wrap with an indent on all but the
first line. How do I do this. I am running Word 2000.
--
Kristi
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Look at your paragraph settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kristi" wrote in message
I'd like the all the lines in a tab to wrap with an indent on all but the
first line. How do I do this. I am running Word 2000.
--
Kristi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kristi Kristi is offline

I've set the paragraphs to have a hanging indent, so the first line of
untabbed text indents when in runs over to another line. That works.

What doesn't work is text after one or two tab characters. When those lines
run over they indents from the left margin. So I guess the problem is that
lines that run over don't stay in the tab. I want them to stay in the tab and
have the lines that run over indent.

--
Kristi

"Kristi" wrote in message
I'd like the all the lines in a tab to wrap with an indent on all but the
first line. How do I do this. I am running Word 2000.
--
Kristi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You need to set a larger hanging indent and place the tab stop at the same
location.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You need a hanging indent. Look that up in Help.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.