Jeff

Default OT Webster New World Dictionary

I am in the process of moving from an old PC to a new one. In my old one I
have an old program called "Webster's New World Dictionary" which I would
like to install on the new one but cannot find whatever I installed it
from - probably because I do not recognize its CD in my huge stack of old
CDs.

It's readme file suggests it is very old (1998) and maybe associated with
"Word 6" - which I obviously am no longer using? It was produced by "Accent
Software International, Macmillan Publishers, 1998" and runs independently.

Anyone know anything about this dictionary or what kind of CD or whatever it
came on?

Thanks.

Jeff

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

If you have access to the internet you really don't need the program. I'm a
fan of www.m-w.com (Merriam-Webster).

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jeff" wrote in message
I am in the process of moving from an old PC to a new one. In my old one I
have an old program called "Webster's New World Dictionary" which I would
like to install on the new one but cannot find whatever I installed it
from - probably because I do not recognize its CD in my huge stack of old
CDs.

It's readme file suggests it is very old (1998) and maybe associated with
"Word 6" - which I obviously am no longer using? It was produced by
"Accent Software International, Macmillan Publishers, 1998" and runs
independently.

Anyone know anything about this dictionary or what kind of CD or whatever
it came on?

Thanks.

Jeff

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

No clue. I'm spoiled with broadband so I can just hit m-w and I get the
definition of anything I need. Except for escheatment. (Had to look that one
up today.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jeff" wrote in message
I am in the process of moving from an old PC to a new one. In my old one
I have an old program called "Webster's New World Dictionary" which I
would like to install on the new one but cannot find whatever I installed
it from - probably because I do not recognize its CD in my huge stack of
old CDs.

It's readme file suggests it is very old (1998) and maybe associated
with "Word 6" - which I obviously am no longer using? It was produced by
"Accent Software International, Macmillan Publishers, 1998" and runs
independently.

Anyone know anything about this dictionary or what kind of CD or
whatever it came on?

Thanks.

Jeff

Robert

Greetings--
Get the Webster's Unabridged Talking Dictionary on CD-ROM from
http://www.planetcdrom.com/discount-...ng-Dictionary/
It has all the words (315 000 entries).
It's free, you only pay S&D.
--