Ray Batig

Default Embedded Powerpoint File Display

Greetings,

I understand how to embed a PowerPoint ppt file into a Word document and
display it as an icon. I also can do the same with Excel workbook. Here is
the question. When you double click on the Excel icon, Excel opens and is
ready for use. When you double click the PowerPoint icon, the file opens as
a show. I want my readers to be able to print out both the Excel and
PowerPoint information. Is there a setting to get PowerPoint icons to behave
like Excel icons?

Thanks for your help!

Ray

What happens after you test with both file formats?

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay
the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a
great power among men.

Winston Churchill - London, England
http://www.winstonchurchill.org

"Ray Batig" wrote in message
ink.net...
It is embedded as a ppt file.....

"Ray Batig" wrote in message
nk.net...
Greetings,

I understand how to embed a PowerPoint ppt file into a Word document
and
display it as an icon. I also can do the same with Excel workbook. Here

is
the question. When you double click on the Excel icon, Excel opens and

is
ready for use. When you double click the PowerPoint icon, the file
opens
as
a show. I want my readers to be able to print out both the Excel and
PowerPoint information. Is there a setting to get PowerPoint icons to
behave
like Excel icons?

Thanks for your help!

Ray

Ray Batig

I get the same results if I embed a ppt or pps file. FYI I am using Word
2000 and Power Point 2000 should that make a difference.

Thanks for your help and questions!!

Ray

-REMOVE wrote in message
What happens after you test with both file formats?

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay
the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be

great power among men.

Winston Churchill - London, England
http://www.winstonchurchill.org

"Ray Batig" wrote in message
ink.net...
It is embedded as a ppt file.....

"Ray Batig" wrote in message
[...]

IE creates an instance of whatever program is need to run a file.
But, it it is on the user's PC it open the program.
If my PC has Excel, then Excel opens.
If my PC does not have Excel, then IE opens an instance of Excel to view the
file.

You may want to test that on your brother in law's PC whose does not have
Excel and watch the behavior when he opens your attached file.

When I click on a JPG file, Paint Shop Pro opens.
When my grand daughter clicks on a JPG file, she does not have PSP so the
XP picture viewer opens.
=======================================
Regards, Computer Teacher in New Orleans, Louisiana

Lsu @ msn.com
http://searchingforfamily.org
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
=======================================
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use
the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

nk.net...

-REMOVE wrote in message
What happens after you test with both file formats?

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as
his
absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must
delay
the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be

great power among men.

Winston Churchill - London, England
http://www.winstonchurchill.org

"Ray Batig" wrote in message
ink.net...
It is embedded as a ppt file.....

"Ray Batig" wrote in message
[...]

Jim2003

Ray I got this solved by someone in one of these user groups. Go to 'My
Computer' on your desktop and click it and go to 'Tools' on the top menu and
select 'Folder Options' then on that menu select the appropriated .ppt or
extension of the file you are using and then click 'Advanced' in this window
select 'Browse in same window' and the ok and close out. Now it will open as
the application and not a view.

Bad bookmark behavior in word is solve similarly and other apps bad behavior.

Jim

"Ray Batig" wrote:

Greetings,

I understand how to embed a PowerPoint ppt file into a Word document and
display it as an icon. I also can do the same with Excel workbook. Here is
the question. When you double click on the Excel icon, Excel opens and is
ready for use. When you double click the PowerPoint icon, the file opens as
a show. I want my readers to be able to print out both the Excel and
PowerPoint information. Is there a setting to get PowerPoint icons to behave
like Excel icons?

Thanks for your help!

Ray

Ray Batig

Jim, I tried this however it didn't make a difference. I would anticipate
this might work if the problem was opening the files in IE. In my case the
files are embedded in a Word Document.

Thanks!!

"Ray Batig" wrote:

Greetings,

I understand how to embed a PowerPoint ppt file into a Word document and
display it as an icon. I also can do the same with Excel workbook. Here

is
the question. When you double click on the Excel icon, Excel opens and

is
ready for use. When you double click the PowerPoint icon, the file opens

as
a show. I want my readers to be able to print out both the Excel and
PowerPoint information. Is there a setting to get PowerPoint icons to

behave
like Excel icons?

Thanks for your help!

Ray

HT

Is the full verison of Powerpoint on the pc and is the file extension type
set to have Powerpoint open "ppt" files?

Sometimes there is just a viewer..maybe the "pps" extension is being
assigned to a PowerPoint viewer.

nk.net...