Ben T

Default Adobe pdf

How can I load or view Adobe pdf maker icons in Office 2003. In Word 2002
(another PC) this is listed in the tool bar menu for inserting the icons?
Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard is loaded with PC from Dell, tool bars does not
have this option.
Thanks
Ben T

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Are you *SURE* it's Acrobat Standard and not the free Reader? Acrobat is a
$200 program and I've never seen a manufacture offer it preinstalled.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ben T" wrote in message
How can I load or view Adobe pdf maker icons in Office 2003. In Word 2002
(another PC) this is listed in the tool bar menu for inserting the icons?
Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard is loaded with PC from Dell, tool bars does not
have this option.
Thanks
Ben T

garfield-n-odie

See http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/328909.html "PDFMaker
is unavailable in a Microsoft Office application (Acrobat 6.x on
Windows XP or 2000)". Note that your Office Startup folder is
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 11\Startup" because you
have Office 2003.

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/317147.html says Acrobat
6.x is not compatible with Office 2003, but I have heard of
people using the two products together.

Ben T wrote:

How can I load or view Adobe pdf maker icons in Office 2003. In Word 2002
(another PC) this is listed in the tool bar menu for inserting the icons?
Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard is loaded with PC from Dell, tool bars does not
have this option.
Thanks
Ben T

Graham Mayor

garfield-n-odie wrote:
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/317147.html says Acrobat
6.x is not compatible with Office 2003, but I have heard of
people using the two products together.

Acrobat 6 works quite happily with Word 2003 provided the add-in is in the
correct folder.
I don't think the people at Adobe know what day of the week it is. Their
Word integration has been crap for years and remains so with Acrobat 7.

Ben T

Thanks all for leading me in the right direction. In one of the Knowledge
base pages I found this,
"2003 applications require the installation of the Acrobat 6.0.1 update to
work with PDFMaker."
Ben T

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
garfield-n-odie wrote:
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/317147.html says Acrobat
6.x is not compatible with Office 2003, but I have heard of
people using the two products together.

Acrobat 6 works quite happily with Word 2003 provided the add-in is in the
correct folder.
I don't think the people at Adobe know what day of the week it is. Their
Word integration has been crap for years and remains so with Acrobat 7.

Bill Ridgeway

Have a look at PDF995 from www.software995.com

It will quite happily take a Word doc file and convert it into pdf format.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions