Wowbagger

Default Specific formatting of the date

In Word 2003 how do I format an automatic date code so the text appears in
the form of:

2nd day of August, 2005 ?

I have the date part, but how do I get it to display the st, nd, rd and th
suffix to the numerical day part?

Thanks

Jay Freedman

Wowbagger wrote:
In Word 2003 how do I format an automatic date code so the text
appears in the form of:

2nd day of August, 2005 ?

I have the date part, but how do I get it to display the st, nd, rd
and th suffix to the numerical day part?

Thanks

You need two separate fields, whose codes look like this:

{ DATE \@"d" \*Ordinal } day of { DATE \@"MMMM, yyyy" }

The first field displays only the day of the month and applies the \*Ordinal
switch to get the suffix. The second field displays the month and year.

If you don't want this to update when the document is reopened, change DATE
to CREATEDATE in both places.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

You'll have to do this in pieces. "2nd" and "August, 2005" will have to be
separate fields.

For "2nd" use { DATE \@ "d" \* Ordinal }

"August, 2005" use { DATE \@ "MMMM, YYYY" }

For more, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm