Rob Hargreaves

Default Bookmark Question

Hi I need to add bookmarks to the same place in a page over 100 pages.

I have recorded a macro and it gives me the lines of code below where I am
entering a test value instead of a bookmark.

Selection.MoveDown Unit:=wdLine, Count:=39
Selection.TypeText Text:="Test Value"

I would like to be able to add a new bookmark, and name it by the name
bookmark+Pageno

so the bookmark on page one would be named bookmark1
page 2
bookmark2
etc etc

I know the code to add a bookmark and to specify the name -

Bookmarks.Add "bookmark name"

thanks for any help!

Rob

Daiya Mitchell

The second version of your question did make much more sense, just by the
way. But still the same recommendation:

Questions about macros are better directed to a group that specializes in
Word VBA aka Word Programming, for instance:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...g=microsoft.pu
blic.word.vba.general&lang=en&cr=US

[you may need to re-wrap the URL if not clickable]

If just beginning with macros, this group is for beginners:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...aspx?dg=micros
oft.public.word.vba.beginners&lang=en&cr=US

There are many more people in those groups who have the ability to answer
your question, so you will probably get a better and faster answer.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Bookmark Return Guy Wescott Microsoft Word Help 4 August 4th 05 10:25 PM
Bookmark question Stuart New Users 4 April 13th 05 05:21 PM
Hyperlink from Word to Excel bookmark rawahoho Microsoft Word Help 2 February 22nd 05 11:29 PM
Form Field (defining and associating a bookmark with it) Judi Microsoft Word Help 2 February 11th 05 09:53 PM
Loss of Bookmark After Re-opening File Nick Curl Microsoft Word Help 4 January 4th 05 09:18 PM