Soo

Default merge more than one template with a data source, with different c.

Do you know how I can mail merge one data source with more than one letter
template? I have a list of people that need various letters and I want to
merge "if this person has A in this box, merge them letter A, if they
have B, write them letter B" kind of thing.
Charles Kenyon

You can't easily do this unless you put all of your letters into a single
document. You could use AutoText entries and conditional fields to display
those entries for the substance of your letter.

Otherwise, use separate letters and do multiple merges. The simple way would
be to filter your data for each.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Soo" wrote in message
Do you know how I can mail merge one data source with more than one letter
template? I have a list of people that need various letters and I want to
merge "if this person has A in this box, merge them letter A, if they
have B, write them letter B" kind of thing.

Graham Mayor

You could use the includetext function e.g.

{IF {Mergefield fieldname} = "A" "{Includetext
"c:\\mypath\\mydocumentA.doc"}"}
{IF {Mergefield fieldname} = "B" "{Includetext
"c:\\mypath\\mydocumentB.doc"}"} etc

These fields follow one another on the same line.

Another plan is to adapt the method suggested at
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm
to use text instead of graphics.