Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SStraveler SStraveler is offline

Default How to Install language pack?

I downloaded the language pack from Microsoft and I can not fogiure out how
to get the languages installed in Word. When I got to the language
preference page in Word it tells me the languages are not installed and when
I click on it I just go back to the download web page.

I have done the download.

Where do I put the file and how do I get it to load into Word?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I haven't downloaded a language pack myself, but usually with downloads
there is an executable file that you can click to start the installation
process.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"SStraveler" wrote in message
I downloaded the language pack from Microsoft and I can not fogiure out how
to get the languages installed in Word. When I got to the language
preference page in Word it tells me the languages are not installed and
when
I click on it I just go back to the download web page.

I have done the download.

Where do I put the file and how do I get it to load into Word?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

I haven't downloaded a language pack myself, but usually with downloads
there is an executable file that you can click to start the installation
process.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

I clicked on the executable file and it says something about extracting or
some similar wording and runs but I still can not find the dictionaries and
when I go into Word and go to the language box it shows the foreign languages
and still says not installed. When I click on the not installed it tales me
back to the Microsoft website where I downloaded the file in the first place
and on the page all the instructions say are download and install the file.

It does not say how to install the file?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You will have to give the installation program some time to finish the
installation. Also, remember to close all open programs (Word in particular)
before running it.