techi-not1

Default Merge a document with forms fields

I have created a document using Word 2000 Prof. that contains merge fields
for clients name and addresses and forms fields to insert information
specific for each client (i.e. product prices, contact names, etc.) I'd like
to use this document as the form letter within Mail Merge, but also retain
the forms fields after I re-protect the merged letters. So far, the form
fields have become inactive and I can't find a work-around. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Doug Robbins

As you have found out, the two features are not compatible. You may be able
to do what you want with Ask fields

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP