Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aaron aaron is offline

Default word template best practice

We need to create a word template that "forces" formatting. For example say
we want the body of a letter to be times new roman 12 and if a user is
pasting in Arial 16 content from another doc it will automatically adjust to
TNR 12. We have achieved this by using text form boxes and protection.
However we don't want to roll it out because it's inconvenient for the user
to highlight the form field for a paste or triple click it. It seems the
only way the protection and force works is if the form area is highlighted.
Is there anyway around this?

Is there a better way to "force" formatting in a word template rather than
use text form boxes and protection?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If all users are using Word 2003, then you can restrict available styles by
enforcing a different kind of protection.

http://word.mvps.org

"Aaron" wrote in message
We need to create a word template that "forces" formatting. For example
say
we want the body of a letter to be times new roman 12 and if a user is
pasting in Arial 16 content from another doc it will automatically adjust
TNR 12. We have achieved this by using text form boxes and protection.
However we don't want to roll it out because it's inconvenient for the
user
to highlight the form field for a paste or triple click it. It seems the
only way the protection and force works is if the form area is
highlighted.
Is there anyway around this?

Is there a better way to "force" formatting in a word template rather than
use text form boxes and protection?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A simple approach is to add a macro to paste the text as unformatted and
thus it will paste to match the target location.

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial _
DataType:=wdPasteText, _
Placement:=wdInLine
End
oops:
Beep
End Sub

You could even intercept the paste command *in the template* to change the
way paste behaves.

Sub EditPaste()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial _