Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike Mike is offline

Default Currency Format in Excel Won't Merge in New Document

When I use the mail merge from an existing excel document it does not
transfer numbers that are listed in a currency format. For example the excel
spreadsheet has a row that may say $1,000.50 and when it goes into the mail
merge document it says 1000.50. How can I get the numbers to be correspond
correctly to the excel sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Mike,

In Word, add a numeric picture switch to the mergefield. To do this:
.. select the field;
.. press Ctrl-F9 to reveal the field coding. It should look something like {MERGEFIELD MyData};
.. edit the field so that you get {MERGEFIELD MyData \# $,0.00};
.. position the cursor anywhere in this field and press F9 to update it;
.. run your mailmerge.

--
Cheers
macropod