Cray_z77

Default Can automatic page breaks be disabled?

Only recently (end of July, beginning of August) I have noticed that
Microsoft Word does not insert a page break at the end of a full page of
text. You can continue to tpye, but a new page (and subsiquently, your text)
does not appear. If you insert a manual page break (Ctrl + Enter) then a new
page (and the words that you typed) appear.

I was wondering what was wrong. Has automatic page breaks been disabled or
is somethng else misconfigured.

I have MS Office 2003.
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 04:21:02 -0700, "Cray_z77"
wrote:

Only recently (end of July, beginning of August) I have noticed that
Microsoft Word does not insert a page break at the end of a full page of
text. You can continue to tpye, but a new page (and subsiquently, your text)
does not appear. If you insert a manual page break (Ctrl + Enter) then a new
page (and the words that you typed) appear.

I was wondering what was wrong. Has automatic page breaks been disabled or
is somethng else misconfigured.

I have MS Office 2003.

This is just a guess, but it won't hurt to check it out...

You may have a variation of the "blank document not blank" problem
involving a text box or a floating table, either of which can't extend
past the end of the current page. Is there any sign (such as borders,
or the little table-selector box at the upper left, or unexpected
items on the right-click menus) that your text isn't in a regular-text
paragraph?

Try the steps at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Yet another possibility that seems to describe Cray's situation is that the
view is set in Web Layout. Choose View - Normal or View - Print Layout, if
that's the case.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
More likely it's the columns bug. Using the same steps to edit Normal.dot,
go to Format | Columns and click on the One button, making sure that
"Equal
column width" is checked.

so
all may benefit.

Automatic page breaks Andrew Tables 1 June 1st 05 11:41 PM
removing automatic page breaks puggs93 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 27th 05 04:41 AM
Automatic page breaks are missing in Word. What happened? berryfarmer Page Layout 3 February 16th 05 04:59 AM
automatic page breaks ph9 Microsoft Word Help 2 January 5th 05 07:57 PM