Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TypingNut TypingNut is offline

Default Word suddenly formats to 1.5 spacing instead of single space

Help - I have had single spacing and all of a sudden I have multiple spacing
at 1.5. I have tried everything, going into the format section, etc. Each
time I change it to single spacing, it reverts back to 1 1/2 spaces. Could
something be wrong with my global template (normal.dot document)? I would
really appreciate help with this as it has really slowed down my typing
production. Thank you! Denise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TypingNut TypingNut is offline

It is Microsoft Word 2003

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What version of Word is this?

"TypingNut" wrote in message
Help - I have had single spacing and all of a sudden I have multiple

spacing
at 1.5. I have tried everything, going into the format section, etc. Each
time I change it to single spacing, it reverts back to 1 1/2 spaces.

Could
something be wrong with my global template (normal.dot document)? I would
really appreciate help with this as it has really slowed down my typing
production. Thank you! Denise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Check that the space before and space after is set at 0 in Format | Paragraph.

I wonder are you typing something with the % sign and inadvertently holding
down the Ctrl key and typing the 5 which is the shortcut for 1.5
line-spacing. Ctrl and 1 is a quick way into single spacing and Ctrl and 2
for double spacing. Hope this is useful.
--
Rae Drysdale

"TypingNut" wrote:

It is Microsoft Word 2003

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What version of Word is this?

"TypingNut" wrote in message
Help - I have had single spacing and all of a sudden I have multiple

spacing
at 1.5. I have tried everything, going into the format section, etc. Each
time I change it to single spacing, it reverts back to 1 1/2 spaces.

Could
something be wrong with my global template (normal.dot document)? I would
really appreciate help with this as it has really slowed down my typing
production. Thank you! Denise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TypingNut TypingNut is offline

I tried this and it does help for the current word document, but when I go to
my templates or go to another document, it defaults right back (it was set at
0 before and 10 after). I think I need to find out how to change the whole
program back, but I am not sure how to do that. Thank you! Denise

"Rae Drysdale" wrote:

Check that the space before and space after is set at 0 in Format | Paragraph.

I wonder are you typing something with the % sign and inadvertently holding
down the Ctrl key and typing the 5 which is the shortcut for 1.5
line-spacing. Ctrl and 1 is a quick way into single spacing and Ctrl and 2
for double spacing. Hope this is useful.
--
Rae Drysdale

"TypingNut" wrote:

It is Microsoft Word 2003

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What version of Word is this?

"TypingNut" wrote in message
Help - I have had single spacing and all of a sudden I have multiple
spacing
at 1.5. I have tried everything, going into the format section, etc. Each
time I change it to single spacing, it reverts back to 1 1/2 spaces.
Could
something be wrong with my global template (normal.dot document)? I would
really appreciate help with this as it has really slowed down my typing
production. Thank you! Denise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to change this in the template (Normal.dot by default); see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

"Rae Drysdale" wrote:

Check that the space before and space after is set at 0 in Format |

Paragraph.

I wonder are you typing something with the % sign and inadvertently

holding
down the Ctrl key and typing the 5 which is the shortcut for 1.5
line-spacing. Ctrl and 1 is a quick way into single spacing and Ctrl and

2
for double spacing. Hope this is useful.
--
Rae Drysdale

"TypingNut" wrote:

It is Microsoft Word 2003