Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Denise

Default Unchecking 'different first page' in header removes graphic from first page

Hello

Using Office 2002 SP-2, Windows 2000 V5.0 SP-4.

I have a template with 2 sections, each with a different graphic in the
header. The graphic in each header spans the page. The header settings in
the first section are for 'This section', with no different first page
(there is only one page in the section). Those in the second section are
set to 'Different first page', and also for 'This section'.

The first problem I have is that, when the second section goes on to 2
pages the graphic from the 1st section is inexplicably repeated on that
page. The second problem is that, in trying to amend this by unticking
'Different first page' and deselecting 'Same as previous' on the second
page, the graphic on the first page of the second section is removed. In
other words, unticking 'Different first page' has removed the graphic from
the first page instead of repeating it on subsequent pages.

I have been round and round in circles over this but cannot find a
solution. I have tried cutting the graphic in the second section and
repasting it but cannot get it to span the entire page as it should. If
anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Many thanks

Denise Crawley