spike24

Default Need a format for developing a company policy in word.

I am looking for an example of a generic form for company policies and
procedures. I am in the process of creating a policy for all IT related
issues and will be posting them on on our Intranet.

Thanks

Joseph N.

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:09:05 GMT, ?B?c3Bpa2UyNA==?= wrote:

I am looking for an example of a generic form for company
policies and procedures.

What is it lately with people coming here writing that they're looking for templates, but actually in search of content? They assume that the actual *choice* and *meaning* of the words has nothing to do with the specific situations.

Folks, you could write it in a text document all in one paragraph. What matters is *what* you write, and it should have something to do with what you mean, not with what someone else at another place and time meant for another audience.

On the other hand, perhaps I should just stop ranting and join them. Does anyone know a place where I can get a template for a court brief I have to write, including the argument and citations? Or a template for a letter to my girlfriend, saying, you know, all the stuff that one ought to say?

--
JN

We've all been speculating on the sudden upsurge in requests for templates
in general and, in particular, "templates" containing content. Part of the
problem is ambiguous or misleading wording in some of the links found on
pages at www.microsoft.com (especially some of the pages in the Template
Gallery, which link to the newsgroups instead of the "Suggest a template"
form). I suspect that many of the posters who are *suggesting* rather than
*requesting* content/templates will never see our replies, but the best we
can do is continue to suggest that (a) Google is a more appropriate search
mechanism for boilerplate and (b) highly individualized content must be
created by the "author."