Jim Konzak

Default Column breaks and page numbers

I have a variation on the problems cited in this discussion group that has so
far defied solution.

My multi-page document ends with a page that contains:

normal format, then a two-column format section bounded by a continuous
section break and a trailing next page section break

This has the correct page number, continuing from the previous section.
BUT, the page that follows refuses to be formatted to accept a page number
from the previous section. Any ideas? (Help is MUCH appreciated.)

Jim Konzak

For example, one file ends with the 2-column section as page 66. The next
page is
page 64, after I do Insert-Page Numbers-Format-Continue from previous
section.

"Jim Konzak" wrote in message
I have a variation on the problems cited in this discussion group that has

so
far defied solution.

My multi-page document ends with a page that contains:

normal format, then a two-column format section bounded by a continuous
section break and a trailing next page section break

This has the correct page number, continuing from the previous section.
BUT, the page that follows refuses to be formatted to accept a page number
from the previous section. Any ideas? (Help is MUCH appreciated.)

Jezebel

Are the section numbers continuous? (You can check by clicking within the
section and looking at the status bar.) The point being that you might have
another section break embedded within the page somewhere -- a common trick
is to insert a continuous section break at the end of a multi-column layout,
to balance the columns. By the sounds of it, you could have a continuous
section break followed immediately by your new page section break, with the
continuous break formatted to start numbering at 63.

If this might be the case, display the document in normal view: this shows
the sections breaks explicitly.