Merny

Default How to fill in the form question 2?

My initial question was this:
How to fill in a form without the rest of the form moving down?
I have a form where narrative needs to be included. I only want a specific
amount of space for the narrative and I want tbe text to wrap around.
Following the narrative are more check box questions etc. (on the same
page). When filling out the narrative, how can I keep the rest of the form
from moving down?
Perplexed!!

Suzanne S. Barnhill answered:
The usual technique for forms is to put text box form fields in (borderless)
table cells, setting an exact row height and preferred column width (and
disabling auto resizing).

I tried this, but it still doesn't work. The row doesn't expand anymore
(which is good), however the text is now hidden and still doesn't wrap around
to the next row like I need it to.
Any more suggestions??
Thanks

Jay Freedman

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:21:02 -0800, "Merny"
wrote:

[...]

As far as Word is concerned, your requirements are mutually exclusive.
If you must constrain the size of the form field, you have to do it
with a fixed-size table cell. But text *cannot* "wrap around" from one
cell to another -- there simply is no mechanism for that. I'm sorry,
but there's no way out.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman