Lance W. Grimes

Default Avery Label Borders

All:

Office Basic Edition 2003...

We use an Avery label template to generate timecard labels for ever changing
labor pool... We have document saved on the file server that contains
employee name, department, and pay week.

The problem... The borders on the template disappear for the payroll clerk.
If I open the doc on any other PC, the borders are present. This only
happens on her PC, and she is the primary user. Since employee turnover is
quite high, there is constant editing happening to this doc.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled her office, and to no avail... I have
looked for border settings, and still can't solve this.

Any ideas???

TIA,
Lance

Jay Freedman

Lance W. Grimes wrote:
All:

Office Basic Edition 2003...

We use an Avery label template to generate timecard labels for ever
changing labor pool... We have document saved on the file server
that contains employee name, department, and pay week.

The problem... The borders on the template disappear for the payroll
clerk. If I open the doc on any other PC, the borders are present.
This only happens on her PC, and she is the primary user. Since
employee turnover is quite high, there is constant editing happening
to this doc.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled her office, and to no avail... I
have looked for border settings, and still can't solve this.

Any ideas???

TIA,
Lance

A label document is simply a document containing a table. When talking about
tables, you need to distinguish between gridlines (nonprinting) and borders
(printing). I think you're concerned with gridlines, in which case the
solution is just to select Table Show Gridlines.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Gridlines.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman