Lori Keener

Default Entering Text w/o Changing Layout

I am creating a form with specific blank spaces into which other employees
will enter information. I cannot set this up as a merge document, due to my
employees' varying computer skills. How can I create this document so that
the information they type in does move around the existing text??
--
Lori
Charles Kenyon

The simplest way to do this is what Word calls an "online form." Check this
in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

You will want to have your fields in fixed-size table cells or in frames to
restrict movement of other text.

For very quick-and-dirty forms I use the method found in Word's fax
templates, a table with macrobutton fields. The user can tab to move to the
next cell or use the F11 key ot go to the next field. See URL:
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/fields.htm#MacroButton and URL:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/UsingMacroButton.htm for more
about macrobutton fields. This does not require a protected form so is much
more flexible. Which you would want to use depends on how much you want to
restrict the user's ability to edit what is on the page.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Lori Keener" wrote in message
I am creating a form with specific blank spaces into which other employees
will enter information. I cannot set this up as a merge document, due to
my
employees' varying computer skills. How can I create this document so that
the information they type in does move around the existing text??
--
Lori

Lori Keener

Both of these are great ideas, Charles. Thanks so much for your help!

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

Changing 'trace changes' to permanent text color? Alexander Kluge Microsoft Word Help 2 January 21st 05 06:55 PM
Automatically changing text when another text is changed Melissa S Microsoft Word Help 1 December 29th 04 09:43 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
text only visible in web layout view ecoplasm Page Layout 1 December 2nd 04 01:32 AM
Text not visible in Print Layout Cath Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 03:49 AM