Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve J Steve J is offline

Default Creating a "treat" list for softball team using mail merge

I am trying to create a "treat" list for my daughter's softball team. I have
created a table with dates in one column and a place for a family name or
two. On some days, there is only one family assigned. Other days, there are
more than one family assigned. I am using the directory feature of the mail
merge tool. I have it working for the most part. I have more days, than I
have families. The mail merge process fills each cell properly until it runs
out of families. Then it stops, which leaves the rest of the table blank. I
want it to start over and continue filling the table until it runs out of
cells. How do I make it repeat the list of names.

I am found and am using the "next record" field command.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Using mailmerge, you cannot go back to the beginning of the data source. It
is a once through type of operation and it can only merge what is in your
data source.

Accordingly, you should have as many records in the data source as you have
days.

I am not sure exactly how you have your main document set up, but a
Directory type mail merge does not require the use of Next Record fields.
In the main document, you should just set up one set of the required merge
fields.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.