Lori H

Default remove tabs from Word template dialog?

I modified the user templates file location (in Word 2000-2002 on several
computers) to a networked drive. Now the templates dialog ("FileNew") shows
MANY tabs, incl. many "General" tabs. How do I remove the unwanted tabs, and
keep only those specified by the folders in the correct template location?

Lori H

How do I know where the folders are? The toolsoptionsfile locations tab
only shows the path I selected. I can probably find the default path, but
some computers have MANY tabs, I don't know where they came from.

"Lori H" wrote in message
I modified the user templates file location (in Word 2000-2002 on several
computers) to a networked drive. Now the templates dialog ("FileNew")

shows
MANY tabs, incl. many "General" tabs. How do I remove the unwanted tabs,

and
keep only those specified by the folders in the correct template location?

Jezebel

They all exist as folders on your computer, so you can simply use Search to
find them. In addition: check Tools Options File Locations. Word will be
using both the 'User templates' and 'Workgroup templates' folders; and later
versions seem to be doing fancy things under ...program files\Microsoft
Office\... also.

"Lori H" wrote in message
I modified the user templates file location (in Word 2000-2002 on

several
computers) to a networked drive. Now the templates dialog

("FileNew")
shows
MANY tabs, incl. many "General" tabs. How do I remove the unwanted

tabs,
and
keep only those specified by the folders in the correct template

location?

Lori H

I searched C: for 3 different folders in the templates dialog "mail merge,"
"legal pleadings," and of course "general." All the files & folders found
were something other than the templates available on these tabs. Program
files/MSOffice (and the subfolders Office and Office10) also don't appear to
have anything (no templates folder, or files with those names...) Any other
ideas?

"Lori H" wrote in message
I modified the user templates file location (in Word 2000-2002 on

several
computers) to a networked drive. Now the templates dialog

("FileNew")
shows
MANY tabs, incl. many "General" tabs. How do I remove the unwanted

tabs,
and
keep only those specified by the folders in the correct template

location?

See €śOFF2000: How Office 2000 Manages Templates€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240216 (this applies to more recent
versions as well).

"Lori H" wrote in message
I modified the user templates file location (in Word 2000-2002 on

several
computers) to a networked drive. Now the templates dialog

("FileNew")
shows
MANY tabs, incl. many "General" tabs. How do I remove the

unwanted
tabs,
and
keep only those specified by the folders in the correct template

location?

How do I save a Word template so it shows in the Template dialog? Rob Microsoft Word Help 3 January 11th 05 04:20 AM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
remove default File, New template tabs Ricki Miles Microsoft Word Help 3 December 15th 04 09:49 PM