Sharkettepat

Default Viewing e-mailed documents

Whenever someone sends me a Word document via e-mail, it always comes up in
the "Reading Layout" on my laptop. I then have to change it to the "Print
Layout". On my regular PC, these documents come in in the "Print Layout".
Someone told me that it comes in to my Word program the way the sender is
viewing it. But I found out that that is not correct. Does anyone know how
can I change the default so that these documents always come in in the "Print
Layout"? I am using Microsoft Office Word 2003.
Jay Freedman

Sharkettepat wrote:
Whenever someone sends me a Word document via e-mail, it always comes
up in the "Reading Layout" on my laptop. I then have to change it to
the "Print Layout". On my regular PC, these documents come in in the
"Print Layout". Someone told me that it comes in to my Word program
the way the sender is viewing it. But I found out that that is not
correct. Does anyone know how can I change the default so that
these documents always come in in the "Print Layout"? I am using
Microsoft Office Word 2003.

Go into Tools Options General and uncheck "Allow starting in Reading
Layout". That will stop the reading view, but then documents *will* appear
in the view used to save the document. To override that, you need to put a
macro in your Normal.dot template (see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm):

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.View = wdPrintView