Tropicana

Default Adding the chapter / sub-chapter Headings into the Footer

Hi there everyone.

Happy New Year.

I am attempting to create a long document (well actually a users manual).

I have a footer for each page barring the first page which has the page
number which is located centrally and the title of the manual on to one
side.

I have made space in the other side of the footer to include the chapter and
sub-chapter headings. They were created in Headers 1 and 2 for
conviniences. Without having to manually type the sub-chapter in the footer
for quick reference, I was hoping that there would be a feature that I could
include that into the header.

So far I have been unable to do so. I have attempt been experimenting with
different fields but I have been unsuccessful.

Can someone out there could please provide me with a solution.

Kindest regards

Tom

Tropicana

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Styleref fields will do exactly what you want.

Styleref fields?????

I have attempted to insert a field but there is nothing I could find.

Can youplease eloborate?

Kindest regards

"Tropicana" wrote in message
[...]

Jezebel

Either go to Insert Field and select StyleRef then the style you want, or
press CTRL-F9 and enter the field code manually. Eg,

{ StyleRef "Heading 1" }

will display the text of the preceding Heading 1 paragraph. Check Help for
the switch options for this field.

"Tropicana" wrote in message
[...]

Tropicana

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Either go to Insert Field and select StyleRef then the style you want,

or
press CTRL-F9 and enter the field code manually. Eg,

{ StyleRef "Heading 1" }

will display the text of the preceding Heading 1 paragraph. Check Help for
the switch options for this field.

I see. It works.

Thanks

Kindest regards