Highlander

Default align right problems everything aligns right not selction

In a document I may wish certain lines to be align right, when I select the
lines to align right the whole documet aligns right.

I have tried to remove formatting from the whole document but that does not
work, the only way to achieve my results is to make my document into a table,
which is a pain if I am just writing a letter.

Any help will be most appreciated
Oz Springs

One thing I can think of is that you have all your work in one paragraph,
rather than separate ones. Are you pressing return on its own when you make
new paragraphs? If you are pressing shift-return you are creating line
breaks within a paragraph and thus if you change the alignment, then
everything will change.

The other thing you might have set up is ³automatically update² the style
you are using, and if you have this set on the ³Normal² style, it is likely
that this will change any styles you have created based on this style.

Under the ³format² menu open the ³Styles...² dialog box, select Normal, then
select ³Modify...² if the ³Automatically Update² is selected, deselect it
(ie it should not have a tick on the left of it). Then check that this
option is deselected in the other styles you are using, including the one
for tables.

HTH

Oz

On 10/1/05 15:39, in article