Alan Mckenna via OfficeKB.com

Default Footnote renumbering

Using Word 2000 I would be grateful if anyone could suggest how I can prevent my footnotes renumbering to run consecutively when I add two chapters of my work together to form one document? I need the footnotes in each chapter to start from 1. Thanks

Daiya Mitchell

You should put a next page section break (via Insert menu) between the two
chapters, and set footnotes to "restart each section" (via Insert |
Footnote, click Options, change setting, OK, click Close to save changes but
not insert another note, though if you do insert it, Undo will undo the
insert but not the setting change).

For more and related info:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...thSections.htm
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/HeaderFooter.htm (in case you are doing
other chapter-based formatting)

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Alan Mckenna via OfficeKB.com

Thanks Daiya

Daiya Mitchell

Glad to help.

On 1/15/05 3:25 AM, "Alan Mckenna via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Thanks Daiya

Space between footnote separator and main text F A L Page Layout 7 April 22nd 23 08:48 PM
hidden footnote Morgan Page Layout 3 January 7th 05 12:43 AM
footnote numbers skip Willibus Microsoft Word Help 3 January 6th 05 10:21 PM
Footnote falling on wrong page Joe Page Layout 1 January 3rd 05 08:45 PM
How do I make an endnote to a footnote? Ayankinoz Microsoft Word Help 1 December 3rd 04 08:09 PM