John W. Bush

Default Word 2003 ruler calibration

Why are the rulers in Word 2003 calibrated to 1/6 inch (1 pica) instead of
full inches? More to the point, how can I fix it? The default unit is
*already* set to inches.
Jezebel

Specifically, it's YOUR rulers that are set to picas. Mine are set to
millimetres. Go to Tools Options : General tab if you want to change the
setting.

"John W. Bush" wrote in message
Why are the rulers in Word 2003 calibrated to 1/6 inch (1 pica) instead of
full inches? More to the point, how can I fix it? The default unit is
*already* set to inches.

Graham Mayor

This will be the character unit bug - see
http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm for a fix.

John W. Bush wrote:
Why are the rulers in Word 2003 calibrated to 1/6 inch (1 pica)
instead of full inches? More to the point, how can I fix it? The
default unit is
*already* set to inches.

In typing dates in Word, i.e. "January 12" how do you keep the "1. Carol Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 05 08:09 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Word 2003 ruler - "CH" units???? Craig Microsoft Word Help 1 December 17th 04 05:39 PM
Need to change ruler settings on Word 2003. Leah Page Layout 3 December 15th 04 07:42 PM