Rick Charnes

Default Word 2000 header won't fully delete

I'm trying to delete a header in Section 6 of my Word2000 document. I
go into View | Header and Footer, then Ctrl+A and DELETE. It deletes
all the text but leaves a skeleton header with nothing in it. I save
and re-open and it's still there. The section header seems to be
related to columns the user created in the doc. Any thoughts?
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:49:28 -0500, Rick Charnes
wrote:

I'm trying to delete a header in Section 6 of my Word2000 document. I
go into View | Header and Footer, then Ctrl+A and DELETE. It deletes
all the text but leaves a skeleton header with nothing in it. I save
and re-open and it's still there. The section header seems to be
related to columns the user created in the doc. Any thoughts?

Hi Rick,

That's the way Word has always been -- once you create a header in a
section, it will forever have at least an empty paragraph mark.
There's no way to make it "not exist" the way it did before there was
something there.

If the empty paragraph disturbs your page layout, it's probably
formatted with extra Space After or something like that. Try resetting
the paragraph formatting.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman