MHelmle

Default How do I get the company name to show up when I insert an address.

When I use the envelope option in Word (from the Tools menu) and I insert an
address from Outlook, it only inserts the name of the person and the address.
I would like it to also insert the company name if there is one. Obviously,
you would include the company name when mailing something the someone at a
business address.
Greg Maxey

You will need redefine your AddressLayout AutoText entry.

Open and blank document. InsertAutoTextAutoText. Highlight the
AddressLayout entry and click insert.

You will see something like

PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME

PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS

Change this to include the company name

PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME

PR_COMPANY_NAME

PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS

Select the whole thing and press ALT+F3 and create a new AddressLayout
entry.

Fellow MVP Graham Mayor has listed most of the available OUTLOOK fields
he

http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

MHelmle wrote:
When I use the envelope option in Word (from the Tools menu) and I
insert an address from Outlook, it only inserts the name of the
person and the address. I would like it to also insert the company
name if there is one. Obviously, you would include the company name
when mailing something the someone at a business address.

AlSchultz

You can modify AddressLayout to include "conditional" things, such as
inserting Company Name if there is one, but not leaving a blank line if there
is not. Here are a few references explaining how to do it:

MS Article 212345: How To: Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry in
Word 2000
MS Article 209752:WD2000: Blank Lines Not Suppressed with AddressLayout
AutoText
A comprehensive Slipstick Paper: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212345

"MHelmle" wrote:

When I use the envelope option in Word (from the Tools menu) and I insert an
address from Outlook, it only inserts the name of the person and the address.
I would like it to also insert the company name if there is one. Obviously,
you would include the company name when mailing something the someone at a
business address.

Graham Mayor

Or apply a slight modification to that:

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

The curly brackets (typed from the keyboard or cut and pasted from here)
will ensure that if a record does not have a company name, you don't get an
empty line.

There is a full list of fields that can be used in this manner at