Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr. Ed

Default The number "4" in handwritten style

I am looking for the number "4" that doesn't have the pointed top. I want
the handwritten version that looks like an upside down h. Does anyone know
if Word has this symbol?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Try Insert | Symbol and scroll through the different font styles. Adonis
might be what you're looking for.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Mr. Ed" wrote:

I am looking for the number "4" that doesn't have the pointed top. I want
the handwritten version that looks like an upside down h. Does anyone know
if Word has this symbol?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr. Ed

Thank you, Carol. I'm sure that your answer would have solved my problem but
since I don't have Adonis I will never find out. In the meantime, I will
have to scroll through many fonts (all of which, so far, have the pointy
number 4) and this will take some time.

"Mr. Ed" wrote:

I am looking for the number "4" that doesn't have the pointed top. I want
the handwritten version that looks like an upside down h. Does anyone know
if Word has this symbol?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

You're very welcome Ed. I scrolled through many fonts as well to find Adonis
for you. You can always Google and find the Adonis font if you like. At
least I steered you in the right direction!
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Mr. Ed" wrote:

I am looking for the number "4" that doesn't have the pointed top. I want
the handwritten version that looks like an upside down h. Does anyone know
if Word has this symbol?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Type 4
Select it
Format font
You can now run quickly through your installed fonts and 4 will be shown in
the preview box. pick one you like the look of eg OCR A.