Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cris cris is offline

Default How to permanently delete char char char char style in MS Word?

There is a char char char char char char style that seems to be continually
re-created in my Word docs. It can be an old doc or a brand new one. You
can delete the style because it seems to be based on Normal, but it keeps
coming back. When it is in, it shows up in the toolbar so you have to open
up styles to see what style you really have isolated. HELP!!! Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...p.htm#CharStyl

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Krr Krr is offline

Jay,

I have tried running this Macro and receive Run-Time Error "5173". I have
checked my updates and my system is current. Can you please assist?

Thanks

wrote:

There is a char char char char char char style that seems to be continually
re-created in my Word docs. It can be an old doc or a brand new one. You
can delete the style because it seems to be based on Normal, but it keeps
coming back. When it is in, it shows up in the toolbar so you have to open
up styles to see what style you really have isolated. HELP!!! Thanks

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...p.htm#CharStyl

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Krr Krr is offline

Graham,

Thank you very much for the response! It sounds like my problem may not be
fixable.... which is a huge concern given I am working with company templates
(inherited from many sources).

I am on Windows XP and all of my updates are current. I assume the hot fix
has long been incorporated into the standard service packs. If this is not
the case, please advise and let me know if I should apply the hot fix.

If my system is current, is there a way to save the documents stripping out
the commands and then reformat manually? Other ideas?

THANK you for your time!